Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mmmm

If this is the actual Kneader's Bread Pudding recipe then it's amazing. I haven't tried it yet--Christmas?

http://www.food-lists.com/lists/archives/food-on-tv/2004/03/1078745519.php

Raspberry Bread Pudding
Presented on KTVX (Salt Lake City, Utah)
LAST UPDATE: 3/4/2004 10:39:47 AM

Kneaders' Bakery & Cafe Raspberry Bread Pudding

Cream Mix
1 1/2 loaves aged, white bread
1 quart heavy cream
3 cups sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

In large bowl combine cream, sugar, egg and vanilla. Cut bread into 1 1/2"
cubes and add to cream mixture, coating bread well. Let stand 30 minutes
stirring every 5 minutes to allow cream to absorb completely.

Fruit Filling

5 cups frozen raspberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple juice

Combine raspberries, sugar and apple juice, stirring until sugar is
dissolved.
Layer a 9x13 dark baking dish 3/4 full with bread mixture, pour fruit
filling over bread mixture, spreading evenly, top with remaining bread.
Bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Serve warm. Top with vanilla sauce.

Vanilla Sauce

1 1/3 cup butter
5 tablespoons flour
3 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup sugar

Over medium heat melt butter, and add flour stir 10 minutes until it has a
nutty aroma, do not brown. Add salt, cream and sugar and boil till mixture
is thick, reamove from heat adding vanilla. Serve this wonderful sauce cold.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love new recipes and I've never even had bread pudding, so I'll try it out. I haven't eaten anything fattening in about 3 hours, so this will be perfect.

dalene said...

Oh thank you. I can't wait to try this!