So a couple of hours ago I was doing that afore mentioned homework while little G played quietly in his room. As I breezed through my reading enjoying the peace, it suddenly struck me that I was making the horrible rookie mistake of assuming that because my child was quiet he was not destroying something. BIG MISTAKE! I decided it was time to check on my little angel and see what he was up to. Was he in his room, playing nicely with his toys? No...
I walked into our room to find him on the floor with our brand new computer splayed out as he is pushing all sorts of buttons! I grabbed the computer and we had a talk about the fact that he knows he is not allowed to use it unless Mommy and Daddy help. Then it happened. As I moved it to the dresser I noticed that it was rattling. Now I don't know if anyone is the computer expert that I am, but rattling is usually not a good sign. It was then that I realized that rather than quietly playing with toys as I had assumed, he had been shoving things into the disk drive opening. (Since it is a mac, it's just a slot across the side.) Sure enough I shook 4 quarters out of the disk drive and little G landed himself a spot in time out.
WHY do kids come up with these things?! I hope that the computer is alright. I used the drive and it worked. On the upside, I suppose I know where to look next time I need some spare change.
2 comments:
It's too easy to just continue what you're doing when your kids are being quiet. And then you pay for it...dearly.
I'm glad that the computer is okay. I was telling my mom your story and she said that she remembers those days. I love that you tell that story and the next picture is of G in his cute vest and tie. You are going to have to watch him like a hawk!
Post a Comment