G: Mom, did Dad already marry you?
M: Yeah he did.
G: Oh. Did you have that freckle on your face when he married you.
M: Yeah, I did.
G: Hmm.
(Should that have made me self conscious?)
While talking to dad:
B: Mom's awesome, huh?
G: No, Mom's not awesome. Only boys are awesome. She can be pretty, but girls aren't awesome.
M: I have to sit down, my back hurts.
G: Dad's back doesn't hurt.
M: Well that's because Dad's a superhero.
G: Yeah, dad is a superhero like Super Why. His back never hurts.
G: Mom get out of the WAY!
M: What? Sorry, what?
G: I can't see the clock.
(Like he knows what time it is??)
While watching conference:
G: Look it's President Hinkley.
M: No, sorry that is another man.
(Next speaker)
G: Is that President Hinkley?
M: No, sorry...
(After about 3 or 4 times)
M: I'm sorry honey, President Hinkley died.
G: He did? I'm so sorry, Mom. Don't worry I will keep him safe so he won't die.
The other night after giving him hugs and kisses for bedtime:
G: Don't worry Mom, I will protect you. I will make it so you won't have bad dreams.
After decorating for Halloween:
M: When we bring the baby home he can see the decorations.
G: He will laugh and clap!!!
Sitting at dinner the other day:
G: Mom, your husband ate so much cornbread! WHAT?!?!
It should also be noted that anytime I don't do what he wants he tells me that I am being disobedient. I'm not sure exactly how to address this as of yet. Any ideas of how to explain to a 3 year old why children have to obey their parents but we don't have to obey them?
2 comments:
I really need to meet this little boy of yours--he sounds hilarious.
I can't believe you only have 8 days left. Can you say jealous?
That little man of yours is so funny! I can't believe half the stuff he comes up with! Days at your house are never boring huh? Can you believe this time next week you will have a baby?!?!? (well, hopefully...was G late?)
Post a Comment