Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentines Blocks

G and I decided that we needed to make a Valentines craft today to help decorate our house. Since we are 1. homebound, and 2. living off of a hobo's budget, this craft had to be free. This is what we came up with.
 
The blocks are made out of left-over pieces of 2x4's from our basement. (I cut them myself, it was scary!) We mixed the paint ourselves which is why it is kind of a Pepto-Bismol color. I still like it, but it might have been nice to just pick out a pre-mixed pink.

Here is a zoomed in shot of the letters, I printed off this paper from a digital scrapbook site and blew up the letters on Microsoft Word. 

This is what E looked like the whole time. I think that I can also safely say that the letters have not stayed in a L O V E configuration since they have been completed. Ahhh, gotta love kids!

2 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

E looks so not thrilled.

kme1981 said...

So cute! I love how you sanded the edges!