Much to my chagrin, like any red-blooded American boy G was obsessed with the fire. He kept throwing wood on it to make it bigger but then when he was tired he piped up, "ok, someone turn the fire off!"
Uncle D, E, and Grandpa J hangin' out with G around the fire
Dad and E. This poor second child didn't have any shoes or a bed. He is so neglected sometimes, I really did feel bad about the whole thing.
When my mom was here, we found the most adorable hat for E. It looks like a little Australian hat, but the little stink won't wear it. This is what he did every time I tried to take a picture.
Happy, eating uncle D's water bottle.
I tried to take a picture of what everything looked like on the way home. It was a little overcast and so green and pretty. The picture doesn't do it justice at all.
Finally, by the time we got in the car, both kids were exhausted, grumpy and dirty. You only have to look at this picture to know that camping was a success. G didn't make it 10 minutes in the car before falling asleep. (I don't think you can tell how truly filthy this child was. His whole body was brown.)
We went home, took showers and were all asleep by 8:30. Man are we getting old.
1 comment:
There is nothing better then tired, sleeping, dirty, happy kids! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment