7 years later...
A couple of months ago, one of the sides stopped working. Never fear, we continued to use this old toaster. (I mean heaven forbid we don't get our 25 cents worth.) Then last week I couldn't get the other side to work. It suddenly hit me--for months I had been using this dumb toaster on only one side but I had a 7 year old brand new single side toaster down in my basement.
I decided to finally take a walk on the wild side and bust open that puppy. TADA!
I chucked the old toaster in the trash. Then would you believe I felt a little guilty and wondered if I could coax a little more life into it and was just being wasteful?
Stuff like this makes my mom crazy. Like the time that I decided not to buy the 33 cent knee highs because I already had something else that I could rig and didn't need to spend the 33 cents.
I can feel my mom and Hubs shaking their heads riiiiiiiight....now.
3 comments:
haha...I'm with you! Glad you had a toaster in the reserves...just in case. Chad and I reminisced about the good old days with you guys this weekend. Particularly when we all went to go see Finding Neverland and hated it! miss you!
Hahaha! I'm just glad you didn't go out and buy a new one before you realized you still had one left over from your wedding! (Not that I've ever done that of course :))
I can totally relate! In high school I started our toaster on fire. There were three-foot-high flames leaping from the toaster. My mom let it burn out and continued to use the thing (It also was a wedding gift like 300 years earlier). They just don't make 'em like they used to!
Post a Comment