Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dimensions

I wasn't actually here for this one, but the story is just too good--and so Hubs.

Hubs explained to me that when his family built their house, they were one of the first new homes in their still undeveloped neighborhood. They slowly watched as other homes were built around them (and loved to do that thing where people walk through houses under construction--not my favorite. It makes me feel like a criminal.). ANYHOO...

Apparently one of the houses had moved some dirt around so that there was a big dirt pile sitting in front of one of the lots that Hubs had to pass on the way to school. Hubs said that it was there so long it just became a part of the sidewalk landscape and he didn't think much of it, until one day when he was walking to school he came to that section of sidewalk and it was GONE. He stopped, and looked around. Finally, absolutely bewildered by this sudden change of events he came to the most logical conclusion.

"I have entered an alternate dimension," he decided.

He said that it wasn't until years later that he realized that the dirt had just been moved.

As a side note, a couple of weeks ago we watched some old home movies of Brian's family and in one he slid off their cabin's roof into the snow while he yelled, "Coming soon to your galaxy!"

Do you think it is possible to watch a little too much Star Trek?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, just laughed for about five minutes straight. It explains a lot though....

Rachel said...

B! I think this is the only time you slipped and said his name...just thought you might want to know. I LOVE all of these stories. I miss you guys!