Christmas 2011:
The kids saw the lights at Temple Square for the first time
Gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve
New P.J.'s
Another superhero/Lightning McQueen themed holiday
All Miss H wants is her ride on toy and candy
Favorite toys are a remote control McQueen, Helicopter, and Angry Birds game
Christmas is on a Sunday so we get to dress in our Sunday best, sing songs and listen to talks about the Savior
This is the first year we have done Christmas all by ourselves. We missed having everyone here (the kids kept asking when all of their grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles were coming) but we were still grateful that we were together as our little family. We are trying to enjoy this stage of life where the kids still get excited to talk to Santa and see an elf and before they're asking for things like iPods and computers. It's fun to see their eyes light up at something like seeing christmas lights, or being so excited about a toy that they can't contain themselves. It's crazy and messy and frustrating and wonderful. I could go on and on explaining myself, but I have this quote hanging on my wall and I think it sums everything up perfectly:
There are lives I can imagine without children but none of them have the same laughter & noise.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!

No comments:
Post a Comment