I just looked at our blog and realized that I haven't posted anything in over a month. Yikes. Well, I have a good excuse, which is that we have been busy moving and not having internet. Yeah! People have asked me to post pictures of the new house but then I would have to clean it. So you can see where that has ended up. On a side note, it's amazing how not nice a new house can look once all of your old junk is in it. :-)
So anyway, here is a slight catch up post of some things we did forever ago, and I promise to buckle down, take pictures, and post.
Twinners.
First slip-n-slide of the year
Ask me how much I miss grass and our old yard, just ask...
We went to Farm Country with my sweet sister in law and her cute little boy--cousin H
Here are H and H. We kept laughing and wondering if people thought they were twins since they are so close in age and size and both have H names. They are super funny together too--they play and fight like siblings.
E standing in a section that was not meant to be climbed into. Surprised?
Feeding the chickens
This Momma horse had a new little baby. I kept taking pictures because he was so cute. Good thing my mom wasn't there--it would have been the butterfly house all over again. (Just teasing Mom, love you!)
We considered leaving them all there, but they managed to escape. :-)
A hay ride is included in admission.
This picture cracks me up. Doesn't he look super excited to be on the back?
Of course, we had to do a pony ride.
Just as we were leaving, a worker had out a baby lamb and let us all pet it. It was so cute!
I also decided one day to take the kids to Sonic for happy hour. Too bad I picked an overcast day so it was kind of cold. The kids liked the drinks, though, just better in the car.
Finally, we had some family photos taken. They did not go well. I think we ended up with maybe 9 decent ones? The kids were terrible, the photographer wasn't super experienced so I'm not sure he knew how to handle them...it just wasn't the best combo. I'm trying to get him to re-edit some of the pictures too, because the ones he chose were not the ones I would have chosen. Though I do have to say, there is one picture that best represents the entire experience and our family:
Oh dear. I think that ending speaks for itself.

1 comment:
Hooray! You're back!!! love the update! Just making me miss home all the more :)
Post a Comment