Saturday, June 9, 2012

Birthday Time!

Someone adorable in our family just had a birthday. I know what you are all thinking, but it was actually Miss H, not me :-)

Birthday balloons and doughnut game

 Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa B

 We had to take our requisite teddy picture. Amazing that she used to be smaller than her teddy!
I couldn't find her newborn pict, but here's Miss H last year...
And here she is this year. So I guess she has grown a bit of hair in the past year. 
 playing outside with the neighbors' toys
 Her brand new bubble machine that lasted all of 5 minutes before a kid broke it. :-( I took it back but there weren't any more to exchange so we owe her a new bubble machine.
  Birthday dinner

I made this lopsided hot air balloon cake for Miss H. The kids just ate off all the candy. 
 Miss H and me with her cake

 After Dinner, Grandma H stopped by and brought Miss H a doll and some coloring supplies. She was in heaven. 
Miss H's birthday was just a normal low-key day. We played outside and had hamburgers and cake. All of the neighbor kids had to come and give her hugs for her birthday, and one even put together a little electrical set that played Happy Birthday for her. It was really sweet, just like her. We are so grateful for our little H. She really is a delight and a joy in our family. 

5 comments:

The homestead said...

I love to see the cakes you make for your kids, they are so cute! Looks like a great birthday.

AB said...

Happy Birthday Miss H! We love you. It is cool so see how much she has grown, including hair. haha

Cher said...

The hot air balloon cake is darling! You are so creative with cakes!

Rachel said...

I need to come see your new house. and you. Will you be around June 27-30ish??

B said...

We are always here! Come visit me and my chaos!