
So I decided, "Hey, If I'm getting grandma socks I might as well get the ones with the cool
looking box." You know, those are the ones that have a title like, "supportive elegance" and "beautiful comfort" and have an attractive career woman on them. I went over to look at the prices and guess how much they were? $75-$100. Why, you may ask? Well, they do have the word elegance in them (also the salesperson said they are machine washable whereas the others were not).
At this point I decided that I had to resign myself to plain old "grandma support" which resulted in my absolute favorite part--the choosing of the style and color. I somehow declined the full on maternity hose based on the fact that 1. hose are uncomfortable normally, and 2. it is 100 degrees outside, and also decided that thigh highs were a bit much (they showed a sexy looking woman in lingerie on the front of the box for that one, hah!). So I settled on a pair of knee high socks. It was of great concern to the salesperson that I have the color that I wanted. Now I ask you--at what point would it really matter what color I got these ugly socks in? I asked for hot pink but apparently they only come in black, white, and nude.
Well to make a short story long (which I now have done) I am wearing the ugly nude, knee high socks right now and you know what? I kind of like them. Turns out I accidentally bought a pair that was open toed so that I can wear my flip flops without everyone even noticing I have them on (feel the sarcasm). But really, I sort of feel like a pregnant dancer wearing very ugly leg warmers.

The end.
3 comments:
I am so sorry that you have come to this point but then -- life is about being comfortable and not how it really looks. (now that we're old, we can say that)
Remember when you wanted those pants for christmas that cost $100 -- which would you rather have?? the socks or the pants?? haha
The real answer is the BABY!! It is all worth it!!!!
Oh, so sad! Hey, I think Brian should match that purchase with something to make you feel AMAZING! Like a trip to the spa, a facial (oh yes), pedicure (they are open toes right? And it is Impossible to paint your toenails...or it can just be alittle uncomfortable so have someone else do it!) or a new outfit to go with your amazing new socks!
Can I just point out how horrible my punction and grammer is! Julie would flip! Time to go back to school...sigh
I feel your pain! I have horrible varicose veins right now, but I haven't reached the point of buying those awful things.
Don't you love pregnancy?
Post a Comment