Today I looked in the mirror and adjusted my hair. It was sort of a second nature gesture that I didn't think about until E piped up.
"Pretty mom."
"What?" I said.
"You pretty mommy." E said.
The other day he stroked my hair and repeated, "Sweet mommy. Sweet, sweet mommy."
It's finally starting to pay off! I know he is still a nut and heaven help me if it isn't still frustrating and embarrassing when he does things like run all over G's soccer game or yell, "I'm mad at you Mom." in the grocery store. I know he still gives dirty looks to people and sometimes karate chops his baby sister.
But every day of his life I've told him, "E you're a good boy." And for the last couple of weeks while he hugs me and strokes my hair he repeats right back, "Yeah mom, I a good boy."
And he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment