Apparently E walked into preschool the other day and his teacher told him that she liked his shirt. He looked at her with his one eyebrow up and said, "You're stupid, this is a sweatshirt." When we talked to him about it he couldn't get over the fact that it was indeed a sweatshirt and therefore she was wrong. Can't fight the logic.
The other night at the end of E's prayer, "...and please bless us that we can get a dog instead of a new baby."
I was sewing some leggings for the baby since all of Miss H's newborn clothes were summer dresses, and I said, "Are you going to be nice to the new baby?" Miss H responded, "No. The baby is dupid." (stupid) Hmmm...notice a theme in the language at our house recently?
Miss H couldn't find a toy she wanted while E was at school. "E took it. He has it." Never mind that it was a big ride on toy that he couldn't possibly have at school, she was convinced that he was the mastermind.
G was insisting on quizzing me on space facts. I told him that he should talk to his dad. He continued to pester me and ask me questions that he would then correct me on if I got wrong. Let me tell you, I got them all wrong. Throughout the process I kept telling him to talk to his dad. Finally on his last question he asked something like, "What is Jupiter's moon's name?" and I looked at him and said, "Your butt." he just stared at me with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. Then we both started cracking up. I felt really bad since it wasn't a very good "motherly" example to set but I have to say that it's fun having a kid old enough to joke with. I will just have to restrain some of my cruder joking tendencies. :-)
The other day E and I were counting kids in our family. We talked about how we have the three greatest kids in the universe in our family and soon we would have four. Then I said, "Do you think that four is a good number?" E answered, "No I think five is better." I laughed and said, "How about ten?" He stopped and looked at me and said, "That is too many kids." Phew, I'm glad because I'm pretty sure I'm not up for it. :-)
We were teasing Miss H and said, "What if when the baby comes she is cuter than you?" She gasped and said, "Oh no!!"
Miss H counting: 1, 2, 4, 9, 10 (give or take about a half a dozen numbers)
Miss H singing the ABC's: A B C L M O P Sing with me. (give or take about a half a dozen letters)
After E's first day of preschool Hubs asked him at dinner how it went. Without missing a beat E said, "WORST," and kept scooping food into his mouth.
E: "When is it going to be Christmas?"
Me: "Not for about 2 months."
E: "Why is it taking so long? Stupid Christmas."
E: "When is the baby coming?"
Me: "Not for a while."
E: "Why is it taking so long? Ughh. It is taking forever."
I agree, growing a human feels like it takes forever.
I just felt like this post needed a picture. Here are Miss H, G, E, and Cousin H on a recent outing to Cornbelly's. I sure like these kids.
1 comment:
You have the funniest kids! With kids that cute you could totally do 10 :) That's ONLY 6 more :)....well 5 if you count your "accidental" fifth :). I can't wait for you to add this cute baby #4 to the mix!
Post a Comment