Monday, April 2, 2007

Super Sized Prayers

This past Saturday and Sunday were General Conference which is great because we get to stay home and watch it on t.v. G was actually much better than I would have anticipated, specifically he really enjoyed the singing by the choir. Here is my beef with this whole situation, though; what is the deal with the super sized prayers? I mean seriously, you weren't asked to give a talk. Normally I would just think--long prayer, no big deal. But we are now in the stage where we are trying to teach G to fold his arms and be reverent for the prayers which he is surprisingly receptive to...unless the prayer is 3 minutes long! G would fold his arms and after about 30 seconds he'd start saying over and over "done, done, done!" Out of the mouths of babes, huh?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Seriously. It is very hard for me to keep my head bowed and arms folded for those kinds of prayers--how in the world are we supposed to teach our little tykes to do it? I must say, though, the closing prayer of the second session on Saturday was just how they should be--short and sweet. Props to whoever that homey was.